Last week (January 19th), the leader of Israel’s opposition party proposed a surprising plan to address the Israeli-Palestinian challenge.
Isaac Herzog spoke at a conference of The Institute for National Security Studies in Tel Aviv. His basic message:
- For many reasons the two-state solution cannot be achieved in the near future
- Instead, Israel should implement a variety of “separation” steps that preserve security and can lead to a permanent peace
- Israeli Labor Party Leader Herzog: Two-State Solution is Unattainable Today, Separate from Palestinians
- Herzog calls for completing security fence around settlement
- Herzog’s New Plan: A Brave Attempt to Redefine Israel’s Peace Camp